- The African clawed frogs that I breed in my aquarium reproduced. Can I release the juveniles in a pond close to my house?
No. This release would constitute a serious threat to the environment, this species is invasive and has an unfavourable impact on local wildlife. According to the decree of 30th July 2010, it is forbidden to introduce living specimens (eggs or live animals) of African clawed frog into the natural environment and throughout the French territory, intentionally or not.
For further information : Decree of 14 february 2018
- Can I hold a Bullfrog in an aquarium? If so, what regulation applies?
- Can I hold an African clawed frog in an aquarium? If so, what regulation applies?
- Can I breed African clawed frog in my garden pond?
- Are subspecies or breeding varieties of African clawed frog also regulated?
- Can individuals of African clawed frog and Bullfrog be sold in pet shop?
- African clawed frog individuals have invaded my pond. What should I do?
- Bullfrog individuals have invaded my pond. What should I do?
- What are the impacts caused by the populations of Bullfrog and African clawed frog introduced in France on local fauna?
- How to recognize an African clawed frog?
- How to recognize a Bullfrog?
- Why are the Bullfrog and the African clawed frog considered as Invasive Alien Species?
- Where do the African clawed frog and the Bullfrog come from?
- How and why were the Bullfrog and the African clawed frog introduced in France?
- I found an African clawed frog individual or a Bullfrog individual. Can I bring it at home and release it in an aquarium or a pond?
- The Bullfrog is present in France. Where was it introduced?
- The African clawed frog is present in France. Where was it introduced?
- What are the techniques used to fight against the African clawed frog?
- What are the techniques used to fight against the Bullfrog?
- What is the status of the Bullfrog and the African clawed frog at European level?
- Have the Bullfrog and the African clawed frog been introduced to other European countries?